Скачать бесплатно
Вы помогли!
Слово Патриарха

Проповеди Патриарха Кирилла

Подробнее...

Пожертвовать
для России и Европы:

Случайное изображение
Donation
For all countries with PayPal or credit card:
 
Реквизиты фонда

Благотворительный фонд "Миссионерский центр имени иерея Даниила Сысоева"
ИНН/КПП 7725256926 / 772401001
ПАО "Промсвязьбанк"
р/с 40703810140390553501
к/с 30101810400000000555 в ОПЕРУ Московского ГТУ Банка России г.Москва,
БИК 044525555

kvit

Наш фонд в соц. сетях

fbvkyoutube

 inst

PostHeaderIcon Православная миссия

PostHeaderIcon Свято-Владимирская Православная Богословская Семинария (Крествуд)

Свято-Владимирская Православная Богословская Семинария (Крествуд)

История
In the fall of 1794, eight Russian monks arrived in Alaska and sowed the seeds of Orthodox Christianity on what would eventually become U.S. soil. Immediately sensing the need for a center of theological and pastoral training, they quickly moved to establish a school on Kodiak Island. A few decades later a seminary was founded in Sitka by the His Grace, Archimandrite Innocent (Veniaminov), then bishop in Alaska, later Metropolitan of Moscow, who in 1978 was officially listed among the saints of the Orthodox Church as the "Apostle to America." These pioneering attempts, however, were short lived.

Throughout the nineteenth century, while the number of Orthodox Christians in America steadily grew, the Orthodox Church remained fundamentally an immigrant community served by bishops and priests sent from abroad, primarily from Russia. It was only in 1905 that Archbishop Tikhon, later Patriarch of Moscow (+1925), recognized the need for American-born-and-raised clergy and decided to establish a permanent seminary. Opened in 1905 in Minneapolis, it was transferred in 1913 to Tenafly, New Jersey and renamed St. Platon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary. During the eighteen years of its existence, it produced two generations of priests who, at a difficult moment in the life of the Church, assured the continuity of Orthodox Christianity in America and its progressive integration into American life.

The Russian Revolution of 1917 inaugurated a deep crisis for Orthodox Christians in America. Deprived of material support from Russia and isolated from the Mother Church, as well as suffering from internal divisions, the Church here could no longer financially support the seminary, and the seminary had to close its doors in 1923. Only fifteen years later, after a long period of recovery and reorganization in the Church, could the question of theological education be raised.

In October 1937, at the “Sixth All-American Church Sobor” of what was then known as the “Russian Metropolia”—the daughter church of the Russian Orthodox Church headed by the Patriarch of Moscow—such an opportunity arose. At that meeting of clergy and laymen in New York, Dr. Basil M. Bensen, one of the first instructors at the Minneapolis school, proposed reopening the seminary. He forcefully insisted that Orthodox priests in this country needed to receive a liberal arts college education—the normal preparation for clergy of other religious groups—as the foundation for their theological training. Dr. Bensen's plan was approved, and the projected seminary was given the name of “St. Vladimir”—after the prince who in AD 988 introduced Orthodox Christianity to the Kievan Rus'. On October 3, 1938, Metropolitan Theophilus (+1950), primate of the Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church, conducted the opening service at Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn, New York, and the next day classes began in the parish house of the Church of Christ the Savior, on East 121st Street in Manhattan.

The first decade of the new seminary's existence, however, proved very difficult for the faculty and administration. With no permanent quarters, no funds, and helped only by a small group of friends, the seminary struggled to keep itself alive and true to its purpose.  A working agreement was established with Columbia College, and in 1939 a temporary home for the school was found on the campus of General Theological Seminary.


St Vladimir's Seminary is located at
575 Scarsdale Road, Yonkers, NY 10707. 
Main phone number +1.914.961.8313
Main fax number +1.914.961.4507


Источник: www.svots.edu
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм святителя Ионы Манчжурского (Спринг, Хьюстон)

Храм святителя Ионы Манчжурского (Спринг, Хьюстон)

Our location is now at 2910 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77388, Just to the west of Interstate 45 -- to locate the church :

* please call for directions 281-467-0264
* or click here for directions and maps to the church.

We have a Vigil service every Saturday at 5:00 p.m., and Liturgy every Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. We also have some other special services for Church feasts, and have other activities -- so see our schedule of services linked on the left menu.

Also feel free to contact us, by e-mail, regular mail, or phone:

Fr. John Whiteford
St. Jonah Orthodox Church
P.O. Box 1427
Spring, Texas 77383
281-467-0264


Fr. John Whiteford, Rector - Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript    
James Hall, Parish Warden - Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript    
Rosa Mahand, Sisterhood President - Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript
Fr. Innokenty Reichert, Treasurer - Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript     


Источник: www.saintjonah.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Покрова Божией Матери (Канзас)

Храм Покрова Божией Матери (Канзас)

Contact Information
Telephone: (913) 383-8000
E-mail: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Mailing Address:
Holy Protection Orthodox Church
P.O. Box 12700
Overland Park, KS 66282-2700

Источник: www.hpoc.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм св. Иоанна Крестителя (Рино)

Храм св. Иоанна Крестителя (Рино)
Адрес:
3835 Glen Street, Reno, NV 89502 - Fr.James Barfield, Parish Priest
Phone: (775) 786-7328
Mailing Address: 2868 Vista Bl. 124/132, Sparks, NV 89434

Источник: www.theorthodoxmissionreno.com

 

PostHeaderIcon Храм св. Архангела Михаила (Женева)

Храм св. Архангела Михаила (Женева)

These words were offered by our families in Syria to our grandparents who embarked for the United States at the turn of the century.
Inspired by the loving counsel of these words, our immigrant families joined hands in the building of our first church on Geneva Street. There were many difficulties to overcome for those first Orthodox families in the Geneva area. However, this sacred ambition of forming a parish and building a Temple to God was foremost in their hearts from the moment of their arrival. Some families came to Geneva in the 1880's, but most came at the end of the 19th century when the Ottoman Turks were persecuting all Christians in the Holy Land. The United States provided a safe place to raise their families and to worship without fear of persecution or death.
For the first few years, they gathered regularly in various homes in the name of God and their strong Orthodox Faith. On rare occasions, a missionary priest came to administer the Sacraments. Once the families began to combine their few hard-earned dollars and, by the sweat of their brows, built the first church on Geneva Street, they were able to have a permanent Priest, Fr. Daniel George. The formal organization of our parish began in 1912, and St. Michael's was formally incorporated in 1915. This was the same year that our first building was constructed and consecrated for worship of the Holy Trinity in the Orthodox Faith.
For forty-three years, the parishioners worshipped at the Temple on Geneva Street. Our precious church was built next to the Geneva Fire Station, and as the city grew our site was needed for expansion. The city asked to buy the building and lot for the needed improvement of the Fire Department, and our Parish Council agreed.
The last Divine Liturgy in our first Temple was celebrated on November 16, 1958. A special service of de-consecration was held, and the Holy Altar, Icons, and other sacred appointments were removed. Soon the city razed the brick building, and we were able to recover the cornerstone and the records that had been placed in it. (The cornerstone was moved to a position of honor beneath the Episcopal Throne in the Holy Place of the new Church by Fr. Murphy upon his arrival in September 2002.)
At the time of the sale of our old building, the parish also owned a large house on the corner of Genesee and Lafayette Streets. The upper stories were used as a Rectory, and the ground floor was used as classroom and meeting space. Once the old building was sold, the congregation used the first floor space to gather for the celebration of the Divine Liturgy. They met there for a year, then this building was demolished to make space for the construction of a new Temple for the worship of Almighty God.
Through the kindness and generosity of the Vestry of St. Peter's Episcopal Church (located one block to the south, on the corner of Genesee and Lewis Streets), we were able to conduct our services in their parish hall during construction. This arrangement continued for two years until our new church was completed. Then, on November 26, 1961, Metropolitan Antony Bashir consecrated our new church building. A new phase in the life of St. Michael's Orthodox Church in Geneva was underway.
Edited & emended from the Preface in the 75th Anniversary booklet of St. Michael's Parish (November 2-4, 1990).


Mailing address:
98 Genesee Street
PO Box 185
Geneva, New York 14456
Church phone: 315-789-3060    

Pastor: The Rev'd Fr. Gregory Murphy
e-mail: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript
Rectory phone: 315-789-7210     



Источник: www.stmichaelsgeneva.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Святой Троицы (Элмира-Хайтс)

Храм Святой Троицы (Элмира-Хайтс)

At the turn of the century, immigrants from the Austro-Hungarian  and Russian Empires settled in and around Elmira, NY.  They worked in local foundries, textile mills , iron works and the US Steel Bridge works. Initially they worshipped with other Slavic people at the Ukrainian Church on 14th street which was served by clergy sent from Binghamton, NY.   Over time, the community grew and Holy Trinity was founded as a separate  parish  in 1916.   Due to the great sacrifice of the parishioners, the church building and rectory were completed in a very short time.  The  original  building served its community until the 1980’s when a new church was constructed at the present Horseheads Boulevard location. Currently, Holy Trinity Orthodox Church has 85 parishioners with a full  liturgical choir.  A Fellowship Hour follows the Divine Liturgy on Sundays. Weekly Faith Enrichment Sessions and Weekend Youth  Education  combine to enlighten those seeking the Orthodox Faith. A monthly Holupki Dinner (that’s Stuffed Cabbage) sponsored by the parish is open to the public.   Guests are  more than welcome to attend the Divine Services and all parish activities.


Mailing Address
Holy Trinity Orthodox Christian Church
140 Horseheads Blvd.
Elmira Heights, NY 14903

Email and Phone
Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript
607-732-3980 (Phone)


Источник:www.holytrinityorthodoxchurch.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Иверской иконы Божией Матери (Гонолулу)

Храм Иверской иконы Божией Матери (Гонолулу)

Если Вы когда ни будь очутитесь у нас в Гонолулу, то милости просим посетить нашу меленькую миссионерскую церковь. Хотя наша церковь находится в очень маленьком и скромном арендованном помещении, посетители нам говорят, что они у нас чувствуют себя очень уютно и сразу включаются в нашу церковную семью. Наши службы бóльшей частью ведутся на английском языке, но в очень скором будущем, каждая пятая литургия будет почти полностью на славянском языке.
Наша церковь посвящена Мироточивой Иверской Иконе Божией Матери (Монреальской), т.е. чудотворной иконе, которая пропала после зверского убийства её владельца, брата Хозэ Муньоса в Афинах десять лет тому назад. Осенью 2007 года, по милости Божией, у нас появились две мироточивые иконы. Одна из них, копия Иверской Иконы Божией Матери Монреальской сделана в Софрине, а другая, икона-крест написанная неизвестным греческим монахом на горе Афонской. Наша Иверская Икона очень часто обильно мироточит, но икона-крест мироточит только иногда и не так обильно как Иверская. (Например, икона- крест стала много мироточить, как только мы стали читать службу 12 Евангелий на Страстной Седмице. В остальное время она почти совсем сухая.)
Пока Брат Хозэ был ещё жив, он часто говорил своим знакомым, что очень хочет посетить нашу маленькую миссионерскую церковь – ведь, кажется, наша церковь была единственная в мире, названая в честь его чудотворной иконы – но, к нашему большому сожалению, этот визит ему так и не удалось осуществить до своей смерти. Очень может быть, что мученик Брат Хозэ вымолил у Господа Бога посетить нашу скромную церковь на Гавайях в десятую годовщину его мученической смерти и 25-ю годовщину начала мироточения его Иверской иконы, чтобы этим подстрекнуть нас не терять надежды на обретение своей церкви веру в то, что Господь Бог и Пресветая Богородица не оставят нас без Своей помощи.
Очень часто с материка к нам приходят запросы о свадьбах на Гавайских островах. К сожалению, мы обычно отказываемся венчать не наших прихожан в нашей церкви. Во первых, если есть православная церковь, то венчать можно только в ней, а не в отелях, на пляже под пальмами, и т.д. Во вторых, наша церковь чересчур маленькая, чтобы вместить более чем 20 человек гостей, большие букеты цветов, и еще довольно агрессивного профессионального фотографа! К тому же, у нас нет зала или другого места, где бы можно было устроить свадебный пир, и наш хор состоит из людей, которые в будние дни все работают или учатся и не могут прийти петь. Очень часто, те люди, которые делают запросы о свадьбах на Гавайях, не знают, что им сперва нужно получить разрешение от своих архиереев если они хотят венчаться вне юрисдикции последних.
По всем этим, и другим, причинам я часто советую всем венчаться у себя дома, где или невесту или жениха знают в местной церкви, а потом уже приехать сюда на Гавайи на медовый месяц. (Если же они хотят, то могут нанять профессионального фотографа, который бы смог их снять в свадебной одежде на фоне Алмазной горы, тропических растений, на пляже и т.д.
Иногда нас тоже просят найти дешевую комнату, или дешевый отель, для тех, которым наши отели не по карману и даже подходящую работу для тех, кто хочет переселиться сюда на постоянное жительство. К сожалению, и тут мы должны им отказать в помощи поскольку нам совершенно непосильно удовлетворить их просьбы. Мы сами едва-едва можем платить за месячную аренду нашего маленького помещения в здании, где, кроме нас, находятся кабинеты разных коммерческих предприятий, и никто из наших прихожан не богат и не имеет комнат, где бы могли поместиться приезжие православные туристы. Жизнь на Гавайях очень дорогая -- особенно дорогая цена на недвижимость -- а число прихожан, которые в состоянии содержать материально нашу церковь очень ограничено. Недавно у нас было несколько месяцев подряд, когда у нас был дефицит в бюджете, и мы должны были просить нашу епархиальную администрацию вернуть наш приход на статус миссионерского прихода, а то нам пришлось покрывать дефицит из наших скромных сбережений. (Миссионерские приходы не облагаются налогом для денежной поддержки разных административных структур нашей Церкви.)
Конечно, если с Божией помощью нам когда ни будь удастся наконец купить или построить нашу собственную церковь, то тогда мы сможем быть более гостеприимными и не отказывать тем, кто хочет венчаться у нас, у нас тогда будет место для воскресной школы для наших маленьких, будет где можно присесть и поговорить с прихожанами, и может даже быть несколько комнат, где смогут остановиться приезжие священники и православные миряне, которым наши местные отели не по карману. Если Вы можете нам помочь осуществить нашу мечту, пожалуйста, помогите нам. Мы Вам будем очень благодарны за все пожертвования, даже самые скромные. Чеки можно выписывать на « Holy Theotokos of Iveron Russian Orthodox Church » и послать на следующий адрес:

Holy Theotokos of Iveron Russian Orthodox Church
c/o Marina Lee, Treasurer
66 Queen Street #3703
Honolulu, HI  96813
U.S.A.
Благодарим Вас за Вашу помощь,
Иерей Анатолий Лёвин, настоятель
Приход Иверской Мироточивой Иконы Божией Матери (Монреальской)
Гонолулу, Гавайи
С.Ш.А.

Почтовый Адрес
Русский Православный Приход Мироточивой Иверской-Монреальской Иконы Божией Матери
c/o 500 University Avenue #310
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826

Злектронная почта, Телефон, Факс
Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript
808-947-9093 (Телефон)
808-947-9093 (Факс)

Источник: ru.orthodoxhawaii.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Свято-Никольский храм (Даллас)

Свято-Никольский храм (Даллас)

Адрес
PO Box 37
McKinney, TX 75070
Priest Seraphim Holland, Rector
Phone: (972) 529-2754
Mobile with voice mail: (972) 658-5433
E-mail: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church,
McKinney (Dallas area) Texas
Phone: (972) 529-2754
Mobile: 972 658-5433
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Источник: www.orthodox.net
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм св. вмч. Георгия (Саут-Гленс-Фоллз)

Храм св. вмч. Георгия (Саут-Гленс-Фоллз)

At the dawn of the 20th Century, immigrants from Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine filled with faith, spirit, and zeal took courage to travel to the United States in pursuit of dreams to better their way of life economically and to assist their relatives abroad. Although many traveled throughout the United States, some settled in Glens Falls, New York, having as their point of origin either Metan or Malki, Syria. Traveling throughout the Adirondack region, some labored in factories such as Portland Cement Company, some became merchants, and some farmers.

Among the first settlers in the area were Shida Baroody, Deebe Emmett, George Mahfood, Michael Abraham Fahoom. Later others followed and settled in the area. These early immigrants settled on Canal Street. All lived in a four-family house. Other early settlers were George Farris, Serafim Corey, Fr. Alexi Hanna, brother David Hanna, and the Jacobs family.

Equipped with their faith, they with zeal looked forward to a travelling Orthodox Priest who would hold the Divine Liturgy in the homes, either at the Leo Sahid residence on Fredella (Glens Falls), later at the Carma residence (4 Hudson Street, South Glens Falls). Services were always followed by a common dinner brought by the faithful. As the community began to grow, at the request of these early pioneers, His Eminence Archbishop Raphael Hawaweeny received and assigned Archimandrite Alexi Hanna to the community of South Glens Falls, New York, in January 1906.

Fr. Hanna was from Malki, a village between Tartus and Safita, Syria. Fr. Hanna not only served the community of Glens Falls, but also traveled to the surrounding areas performing sacraments and returned to his residence at 55 Main Street, South Glens Falls. Out of his love and determination, and commitment to his faith, Fr. Hanna began to hold services at his residence. A few years later, in 1912, St. George was recognized as a church.

On April 15, 1925, a cemetery was purchased as a final resting place of the faithful. Father Hanna pastored the community until he fell asleep in the Lord in 1951. Under his leadership, the community thrived as many traveled from adjacent areas to attend liturgy. Following his death, the community purchased the parcel-church from Bishop Samuel David.
Other Clergy that served the community were Fr. Basilios Sayfie, Fr. Nemer Beshara, Fr. William Stotte, Fr. Sorelli, Fr. Daniel Simon (under his leadership, as the community continued to grow, a new house of worship was built and completed in 1967 on the same location). Fr. Stephen Barham (Church Hall was built), Fr. Michael Corey, Fr. Anthony Sabbagh, Fr. Hanna Shalhoub, Fr. Michael Shahen, Fr. Joseph Purpura, Fr. David Milke, Fr. Matthew George, Fr. George Ghannam, Fr. Constantine Masood, Fr. Elias Nasr, Fr. Stephen Rhudy, Fr. Elias Nasr returned, and currently Fr. Terrance Bas since 2009.

The Church Hall expansion and renovation were completed in 1995. St. George Church owns its own rectory and parking lot.
Historically, the church has undergone some unnecessary struggles that lead to the split of the community. First, the Greek Orthodox membership tried to form their own ethnic church in Glens Falls; later, Fr. Hanna Shalhoub caused a schism in the community. But, thanks be to God for a committed faithful, their struggles, with the support of Metropolitan Philip, have unified and fortified their zeal to overcome all obstacles.

Currently the church is seeing growth in its membership as it caters to all Orthodox Christians: Syrians, Lebanese, Greeks, Russians, Romanians, Macedonians, etc. Being located in a tourist area, attendance fluctuates as some of its parishioners leave to winter in Florida; while others visit in winter to enjoy the ski resorts.

Sunday Services
Matins 9 a.m.
Divine Liturgy 10 a.m.
Church School 9:15 a.m.
Saturday
Vespers 5 p.m.
Confession after vespers
or by appointment

Saint George Antiochian
Orthodox Christian Church
is located at:        
55 Main Street        
South Glens Falls, New York 12803
Phone/Fax: (518) 792-2359

Driving Directions
From the Northway (I-87) take exit 17N
Follow Rt. 9 north into South Glens Falls
The church is located at 55 Main Street, on the right
Parking is available across from the church


Источник: stgeorgesglensfalls.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм св. Андрея (Риверсайд)

Храм св. Андрея (Риверсайд)

The Church exists to worship the Holy Trinity, to preach the Gospel to our community, and to transfigure the lives of her children into the likeness of Jesus Christ. This website is designed to further these goals:
* Connecting friends and members of our parish to the liturgical life of the church,
* Providing directions to our church campus, and,
* Announcing the weekly liturgical cycles as well as providing some basic introduction to our services in words, sounds and pictures

Additionally, we intend that our site provide links to valuable internet resources in Orthodox theology and practice, as well as make our pastor's homilies and studies accessible in print and podcast. Thank you for visiting our website. We would be honored if you would visit St. Andrew Church. Come worship with us.

Church Address:
4700 Canyon Crest Dr
Riverside, California 92507
Phone: (951) 369-0309


Источник:saintandrew.net
 

PostHeaderIcon Миссия Всемилостивого Спаса (Остин)

Миссия Всемилостивого Спаса (Остин)

Orthodox Communities in Austin
Austin, the capital city of Texas, has one old-calendar Orthodox parish, the Protection of the Holy Mother of God Russian Orthodox Church in north Austin. See its website, orthodoxaustin.org, for more information. A Serbian Orthodox parish is in formation under the leadership of Fr. Drago Popovich. Holy Protection is an English-language parish (Slavonic is used also) of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia. There was an old-calendarist church in south Austin, but it closed in 2007. The Austin area is home to five New Calendar Orthodox communities, most of which use English (in whole or in part) in divine services: Transfiguration (Greek Orthodox, in Westlake Hills west of Austin), St. Elias (Antiochian Orthodox, in downtown Austin), St. John the Forerunner (Antiochian, in Cedar Park, Texas), St. Sophia (Antiochian, in Dripping Springs, Texas), and St. Mary Romanian Orthodox Mission (in Cedar Park).  The main calendar difference is that old calendar churches keep Christmas on January 7. But all Orthodox Churches keep Easter (Pascha) on the same date. The next Pascha or Orthodox Easter will be Sunday, April 24, 2011.

The canonical Orthodox Churches form one worldwide communion, including four of the five ancient apostolic sees (Jerusalem, Alexandria, Constantinople, and St. Peter's see at Antioch), plus new Patriarchates (such as the Russian Patriarchate, the largest part of the Orthodox Church) and some 300 million communicants worldwide. Eastern Orthodoxy is the second largest Christian church in the world, and is the oldest Christian church in the world.  There is not a single administration for the Orthodox Church. Instead, just as in the Undivided Church of the first thousand years after Christ, Orthodoxy has separate administrations for the regional areas where Orthodox Christians live. In the United States, the presence of large numbers of immigrants of varied national Orthodox allegiances has led to a system of pastoral care where different churches, such as the Russian, Greek, and Arab/Antiochian, are all present, caring for their ethnic groups as well as for increasingly large numbers of American converts from the Catholic, Anglican, or Protestant churches, or from pagan, new-age, atheistic, or other non-Christian backgrounds. In America, Orthodox Christians may attend the local parish of their choice.


Адрес:
P.O. Box 10692,
Austin, Texas 78766

Источник: www.allmercifulsavior.com
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Святого Воскресения (Палатин)

Храм Святого Воскресения (Палатин)


Our Parish History

A prayer service for the beginning of a good work was held in the main sanctuary of the Grace Lutheran Church in Prospect Heights, IL on February 1st, 1970. It marked the beginning of Holy Resurrection Orthodox Mission.

The early life of the parish was simple. Sunday Liturgies took place in the cafeteria at the Prospect High School in Mount Prospect. A knockdown altar and other liturgical items were obtained or constructed as services continued to be held at this location from September 1970 to 1979.

In 1975, property consisting of two lots of nearly one acre each and a house were purchased on North Quentin Road in Palatine. This served as the parish rectory while the parish continued to meet in Mount Prospect for Church services.

With a considerable amount of remodeling, the rectory was eventually converted into a small chapel.

The transformation of the mission to a more permanent site was accompanied by growth in numbers of parish members. Soon after, a larger building to be used as a Church was constructed and blessed in June of 1983.

Over its lifetime, Holy Resurrection parish has evolved into a community of American members with various ethnic backgrounds, including Arabic, Carpatho-Russian, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Serbian and Romanian. A significant number of converts from Protestant and Roman Catholic backgrounds have found their spiritual home in the Orthodox Church. All liturgical services are in English.

Holy Resurrection parish's community life includes a comprehensive Church School program which meets during the course of the normal school year, an adult Study group, and an active parish choir.


Parish Information
Our Parish Priest
Very Rev. Alexander Kuchta, Rector
7 Cumberland Ct.
Cary, IL 60013
Residence: 847-516-6025


Our Choir Directors
Mr. & Mrs. Michael S. & Anna Strelka
1809 N. Ridge Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Residence: 847-577-3997

Источник: www.hroc-oca.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм святой новомученицы Елизаветы (Роки-Хилл)

Храм святой новомученицы Елизаветы (Роки-Хилл)
The Orthodox Church of St Elizabeth the New-Martyr. The Orthodox Church of Saint Elizabeth the New-Martyr serves Orthodox Christians in Central New Jersey. It is a Mission Parish of the Diocese of Eastern America and New York of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia. Founded in 1998 in Somerville, New Jersey, our Mission Parish acquired its own church building in 2004 in the Princeton area at 38 Princeton Avenue, Rocky Hill. After being in that historic church building for four years, we had extensive renovations done to our church building which took four months - from late May through the beginning of October 2008. The inside of the church is now more beautiful than ever. We have enlarged the altar area, had a proper iconastasis built, improved our choir loft, and put in in a new ceiling, refinished the floors, and installed new lighting, ventilation, and airconditioning systems. Should you want more information about St Elizabeth's Church, you may call our priest, Fr David Straut, at (908) 203-1252.

The V. Rev. Archpriest David C Straut - Rector
Address: 88 Eastern Ave.
Somerville, New Jersey 08876
Phone:          908-203-1252
Fax:          908-203-8888
Email:           Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Источник: www.saint-elizabeths.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм иконы Пресвятой Богородицы «Всех скорбящих Радость» (Мейс-Лендинг)

Храм иконы Пресвятой Богородицы «Всех скорбящих Радость» (Мейс-Лендинг)

Parish History
Our parish was founded in 1966 by immigrants from Russia and Ukraine. Records list some of the founders and early benefactors as: M/M Nikolaj Taran, M/M Nicholas Gajewski, M/M Paul Datzko, M/M Semion Chudajew, M/M Ivan Solotowski, John & Katherian Holyk, Jacob Sokolov, Roman Lohwyniw, Ivan Mosev, Ivan Moskalew, and Peter Dremow.   It was first known as “The Orthodox Church of the All Sorrow Gladness” member of the Sobor of the “Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church of America”.

By the last half of the twentieth century, Mays Landing, New Jersey had a large Russian community that gathered at the American Hotel. It was known by the local people as 'The Russian Embassy'. Services were held there for some time, until it fell into decay. The parish held services upstairs over a bakery on Main Street.

Our church building was constructed in 1966 by the parishioners at the corner of Hudson St & Ivans Lane. There was also a rectory on Ivans Lane. The first rector was Fr Steven Shkurin who died in 1974. Fr George Lukashuk, Fr Theodore Gorb, and Fr Michael Rachko followed him.


In 1970’s, at the time the Church was proclaimed Autocephalous, and became known as the “Orthodox Church in America”, the parish change its name to “The Orthodox Church of the Mother of God” (in honor of the icon “The Joy of All the Sorrowful”).  

In the last part of the twentieth century, visiting clergy occasionally served the Sunday Liturgy. Due to the irregularity of liturgical services, and the lack of clergy leadership, attendance severely dwindled and parishioners left. The unused rectory was sold, and the diocese suggested that the parish look into merging with a mission that was in another county.

In the mid 1990s, Fr Boris Vlasenko, who retired as rector from the Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration in Brooklyn, was assigned as the next Rector. This started a turnaround. Regular services, and a permanent parish priest, brought the return of some former parishioners. A very dedicated and energetic parish warden, James Polansky, helped bring other changes to assist the parish growth, such as shifting to the 'new calendar', and using English along with the Church Slavonic. Attendance noticeably improved, but after a few years Fr. Vlasenko's health started to fail, and he had to leave, first temporally, and later, permanently. Attendance dropped again.

This time, determined to keep regular services, Subdeacon Ed Dawson (also the parish warden), worked hard to keep having visiting clergy come to serve regularly. On the weeks a visiting priest could not attend, he would perform a 'Reader Service' himself. Dn Boris Slootsky, also from the Brooklyn Cathedral, became very helpful to the parish at this time. He came down many times when needed. When Dn Boris was ordained to the priesthood, the whole parish traveled to Manhattan to share in the occasion.

Fr Boris Slootsky was a true blessing to the parish. More than returning as a parish with clergy and regular services, he has started a rebirth of the parish. Since he was assigned, the look of neglect was removed from the church building, the dark iconostas was restored with new iconography, and the whole interior of the church was cleaned and painted.

Today we are a growing parish. We believe anyone will feel welcomed if they come worship with us. Most of us are new and do not know the founders or even the history of our parish. Our services are now primarily in English. We have folding chairs, a good sounding choir, and an expanding church school program. We are proud of the Slavic roots of the parish, and the people who worked hard to build it and keep it going, but we also believe that this parish can be the Orthodox Church for everybody in the area. We still have a way to go and need help. Please come see us if you can.

Clergy
Rev. Boris Slootsky, Rector
2B Pembrooke Lane
Manchester, New Jersey 08759
Phone: 732-350-9588
E-Mail: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Sub deacon Edward Dawson
111 Main Ave.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey 08234
Phone: 609-645-2999

Sub deacon Joseph Ramishvili
2011 Blue Fox Lane
Hammonton, New Jersey 08037
Phone: 609-481-7612

Holly Dawson, Parish Council President
111 Main Ave.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey 08234
609-645-2999


Источник: www.churchmotherofgod.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Свято-Успенский храм (Кантон)

Свято-Успенский храм (Кантон)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Источник: www.holyassumption.net

 

 

 

PostHeaderIcon Румынский храм Святой Троицы (Лос-Анджелес)

Румынский храм Святой Троицы (Лос-Анджелес)

Address :
3315 Verdugo Road, Los Angeles, CA 90065
Parish Priest: V.Rev.Fr Constantin Alecse
Co-Pastor: P.C. Virgil Ion Anton

Useful telephone:

Office (323) 255-8583
Home: (818) 365-4274 (parish priest)
Mobile:(818) 388-5483 (parish priest)
Fax: (818) 688-3965 (parish priest)

Источник: www.biserica.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм в честь иконы Божией Матери «Всех скорбящих Радость» (Атланта)

Храм в честь иконы Божией Матери «Всех скорбящих Радость» (Атланта)

Кратко об Истории Прихода
Приход Пресвятой Богородицы Всех Скорбящих Радости в Атланте Джоржия образовался в семидесятых годах. В то время было только несколько Православных общин на юге Америки. Миссия была организована во времена, когда Епископ Григорий Вашингтонский и Флоридский способствовал благословлению образования небольших миссионерских общин. Миссия была названа в честь Святого Михаила Архангела. Долгие годы Миссия не имела настоятеля и Литургии служилсь приходящим священником, как Бог подаст. В 1996 году малочисленные миссии находили прибежище в Русской Заграничной Церкви. Они были приняты Епископом Иларионом, приемником Епископа Григория. Миссиия Всех Скорбящих Радости была объеденена с миссией Святого Михаила. Священник, который руководил миссией был отозван, и службы опять служились приходящими священниками до тех пор, пока в 1997 году Митрополит Виталий не назначил настоятелем Отца Алексия Дункана.

Приход начал развиваться и стал важным центром миссионерской деятельности, начиная с ежегодных Конференций Южных Миссий, которые всегда проходили очень успешно и вносили вдохновение в духовную жизнь Православия на Юге. С притоком большого колличества Русской Эмиграции в Атланту приход адаптировал необходимые изменения для того, что бы лучше принять нужды прихожан разной национальности и происхождения. Много служб проходит сейчас на Церковно-Славянском языке и с уверенностью можно сказать, что Всех Скорбящих Радости - один из немногих приходов на Юге, который в состоянии встретить нужды русскоязычного населения. Приход организовывает много духовных и культурных мероприятий. Единственная Русскоязычная Анонимная Прогорамма для Алкоголиков обосновалась под крышей Всех Скорбящих Радости. Приход развивается и появляются новые лица. Кто-то приходит от случая к случаю, но многие становятся регулярными прихожанами.

Размеры нынешней Церкви уже недостаточны и проект строительства нового здания в процессе разработки. Куплен соседний участок земли. В 2005 г. на престольном празднике, земля под постройку и проект нового храма были освещены приснопамятным Митрополитом Лавром, Первоиерархом Русской Зарубежной Церкви. В 2010 г., с благословением Митрополита Иллариона, мы начинаем постройку храма. Вместе со строительством церкви Приход планирует образование первого Русского Православного кладбища в штате Джлржия, а может и во всем Южно-Восточном регионе. Доход от продажи участков пойдет в Фонд Строительства Новой Церкви. В настоящее время наша община довольно-таки малочисленная. По Воскресениям приходит примерно около сорока верующих. По праздникам бывает в два раза больше. Есть надежда, что новая церковь и очевидное свидетельство Божие приведет больше верующих в наш приход. Приходской праздник приходится на 24 октября по церковному календарю - 6 ноября по гражданскому. Мы всегда тепло встречаем всех желающих посетить нашу церковь.


 
 
 
 
Местоположение:
США, штат Джорджия, Большая Атланта
Настоятель: Протоиерей Алексей Дункан
Телефон: 678-613-2270

Диакон Евгений Антонов
Телефон: 770-886-7111

Почтовый адрес:
6728 Campground Rd.
Cumming, GA 30040 USA
Электронная почта: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Источник: www.orthodoxinfo.biz
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы (Роялтон)

Храм Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы (Роялтон)

История прихода
Ранняя история прихода Покрова Божьей Матери в г. Роялтон, Иллинойс сходна с историей других таких же подобных ему приходов в Америке. Во времена огромного наплыва иммигрантов из Европы, в связи с религиозными преследованиями или ввиду экономических трудностей, тысячи православных людей оставили свои дома и семьи в Европе, и приплыли сюда, к побережью Америки. Большинство иммигрантов, основавших этот приход, были мелкими фермерами и земледельцами на их родине, но по прибытии в Америку, многие из них поселились здесь из-за того, что здесь им предлагалась работа на угольных шахтах.

Вначале, из за финансовых трудностей, основатели прихода были не могли построить новую церковь, и поэтому службы совершались приезжающим священником из Сант Луиса  в домах прихожан. Приход был основан благодаря усилиям многих православных людей, но особенный вклад внесли три человека:  Фёдор Дербак, Иван Август и Павел Андрюшко. С большим запалом и энтузиазмом они ходили по домам православных, заручаясь людской поддержкой и собирая средства на постройку храма, чтобы дать возможность детям православных людей возрастать в истинной вере. Среди других, наиболее известных организаторов и энергичных координаторов компании создания прихода были люди: Иван Матычын, Иван Дрозд, Иван Шендер, Иван Лапко.

Хотя доход этих людей был очень небольшим, однако благодаря их огромной вере и упованием на Бога, в короткий срок они смогли приобрести землю и воздвигнуть на ней церковь. Каждой семье предложили пожертвовать по 25 долларов, чтобы начать постройку храма. Отклик людей был потрясающим! 14 октября 1914 года на праздник Покрова Божьей Матери (по Юлианскому календарю), начались первые работы о закладке фундамента. Планировку позаимствовали с годом ранее построенном храме в Мадди, Иллинойс, а отец Михаил Вячеславов уехал из Сант Луиса, чтобы стать первым священником в Роялтоне.

27-го октября 1914 года, по мере того как работа быстро развивалась, разыгралась трагедия. Сотрясший землю взрыв прогремел в шахте под Роялтоном. 13 правоверных шахтёров погибли при взрыве. Когда дым рассеялся, обнаружилось что один из основателей прихода Фёдор Дербак остался в живых. В тот день Феодор пришел на работу очень поздно (что само по себе было необычным для него). По мере того как он спускался в шахту, произошёл взрыв и его отбросило взрывной волной так, что задняя часть его пальто накрыла ему голову и защитила его и от твердых угольных осколков и от смертельного газа окиси углерода. Это спасло ему жизнь когда он так лежал, пока его не задел ботинком один из спасателей. Лишь он один остался чудом в живых, и в благодарение Богу, до конца своей долгой жизни он каждый день постился.

13 погибших православных горняков были похоронены в Роялтоне на участке земли, дарованной горнодобывающей компанией православному приходу Роялтона под кладбище. Ежегодно, 27-го октября совершается заупокойная торжественная служба (паниида) по усопшим душам этих 13 горняков. По завершении строительства, финансовый подсчет показал, что Церковь была выстроена за сумму 2200 долларов, которая была выплачена полностью, оставив приход без задолженностей. С того времени, ещё много дополнительных строений прибавилось в приходе: церковный зал, дом священника, красивые традиционные православные иконы, настенная живопись известного художника Соколова, памятник-монумент погибшим православным шахтёрам с мозаичной иконой Пресвятой Девы Марии, Владычицы нашей, Богородицы.

С тех пор, звон колоколов Покровского храма разносится над округой, призывая людей на Богослужение, и напоминая им о необходимости частого пребывания в Богом посредством молитвы… молитвы о своём спасении, о спасении всех ближних и дальних наших, и о спасении всего мира и живущих в нём. Настоятель и прихожане храма Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы в Роялтоне сердечно приглашают на Богослужении каждого, кто исповедует Православную веру ( американцев, русских, греков, украинцев, сербов, румын, болгар и т. д.) Мы приглашаем всех и каждого! Всех тех, которые желают придти на это святое место, чтобы поклониться Святому Господу Иисусу, дивному во Святых Своих. «Приди и виждь» и помолись купно с нами! И вместе воздадим славу Христу Богу! Аминь.

Расписание Богослужений
Суббота:  Вечерня – 5 ч. вечера
Воскресенье:  Литургия  – 10 ч. утра
 
 
Адрес храма:
112 N. Fairdale Ave
Royalton, IL 62983
Phone: 618-984-2144   
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Адрес настоятеля:
Rev, Rector
111 N. Fairdale Ave
PO Box307
Royalton, IL 62983
Phone: 618-984-2144    
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Церковный староста
Mr. Charles Mitroka
RR 1 Box 26
Royalton, IL 62983
Phone: 618-984-2213

Заместитель старосты
Mr. Gus Touros
106 S. Mannering Ave
Royalton, IL 62983
Phone: 618-984-2307

Финансовый секретарь
Mrs. Millie Pasko
901 E. 2nd St.
Buckner, IL 62819
Phone: 618-724-4579

Регент хора
Ms. Kitty Mabus
2024 Herbert
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Phone: 618-453-5439      
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Источник: www.holyprotection.us
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Божией Матери «Неупиваемая Чаша» (Бруклин)

Храм Божией Матери «Неупиваемая Чаша» (Бруклин)

Адрес Храма:
46 Brighton 1st Lane Brooklyn, NY 11235 (перекрёсток с Brighton 1st. Pl., за углом от магазина «Интернейшионал»)
Поезд: "Q" - до остановки “Ocean Pkwy”.
Поезд: "B" - до остановки “Brigton Beach”.

Телефон: 718-769-0983
Адрес для Переписки:
St. John House For The Homeless
PO Box 290-423
Brooklyn, NY 11229, USA
Адрес электронной почты: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript


Источник: www.svxram.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Казанской иконы Божьей Матери (Спокен)

Храм Казанской иконы Божьей Матери (Спокен)

Подворье Свято-Николаевского Патриаршего Собора г. Сан-Франциско, Калифорния. Московский Патриархат.


Священник Андрей Ковалёв:
http://priestandreykovalev.blogspot.com/ - На Русском.
http://revpriestandreykovalev.blogspot.com/ - На Английском.
Телефон: (862)571-7770  
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript

Лариса Хаус:
Телефон: (509)710-3257
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript


Источник: www.pravoslavnyispokane.com
 

PostHeaderIcon Храм Святой Троицы (Спокан)

Храм Святой Троицы (Спокан)

О нас
Наш церковный приход относится к Сан-Франциской епархии Греческого православного архиепископа в Америке, который подчиняется Верховному патриарху в Константинополе. Наши прихожане происходят из Америки, Армении, Белорусии, Болгарии, Еритреи, Греции, Ливана, России, Сербии, Украины и других стран. Церковная служва ведется на английском, греческом и славянском языках.

Как до нас добраться

С автострады I-90:
•    съедте на 281-ом выходе (на улицу Division);
•    проедъте один квартал в северном направлении и поверните налево на 2-ую авеню;
•    доедъте до 2-го светофора;
•    поверните направо на улицу Washington;
•    двигайтесь по улице Washington 1 ½ мили;
•    церковь будет находится по левой стороне от вас (на улице Washington между улицами Mission и Indiana).

С северного направления:
•    едъте в южном направлении по 2-му или 395-му шоссе мимо улицы Francis до улицы Indiana;
•    поверните направо на улицу Indiana;
•    проедъте до следующего светофора;
•    поверните направо на улицу Washington;
•    церковь будет находится по правой стороне от вас.


Когда мы встречаемся

Еженедельные богослужения
•    Вечерня - в 6 часов вечера по субботам.
Вечерняя служба с песнопениями и молитвами посвященными окончанию Дня Господнего.
•    Заутреня - в 9 часов утра по воскресеным дням.
Утренняя служба с песнопениями и молитвами посвященными Воскресению Христа.
•    Божественная Литургия - в 10 часов утра по воскресеным дням.


Источник:www.holytrinityspokane.org
 

PostHeaderIcon Русская православная миссия св. Владимира (Джексонвилл)

Русская православная миссия св. Владимира (Джексонвилл)

Расписание служб на русском языке:
Суббота:
10.00 am - Панихида (Заупокойная служба)
7.30  pm - Лития (краткая заупокойная служба)

Воскресенье:
1 и 3 воскресенье каждого месяца:
1.20 pm - молебен
После молебна - “русские посиделки”    
2 и 4 воскресенье каждого месяца:
10.00 am - Исповедь (в холле)
10.30-11.15 Воскресная школа для взрослых (в холле)
11.50 - Божественная Литургия
После литургии - “русские посиделки”


Расписание служб на английском языке:
Воскресенье -  10.00 утра
Среда - 6.30 вечера
Суббота – 6.00 вечера


Адрес: 12460 Saint Augustine Road,
Jacksonville Fl 32258,
телефон: 904-880-7671


Как с нами связаться
Телефон церкви:
(904) 880 - 7671 (основной по-английски)
(904) 302 - 3213 (по-русски)
Факс:  (904) 880 - 7672
Email: Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript (по-английски)
Этот e-mail адрес защищен от спам-ботов, для его просмотра у Вас должен быть включен Javascript (по-русски)



Источник:http://web.mac.com/izuljant/floridaorthodox
 
Еще статьи...
<< Первая < Предыдущая 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 Следующая > Последняя >>
Страница 51 из 57

 

03
Архив наших новинок
Авторизация



Гонения христиан на Украине

Гонения христиан на Украине

Подробнее...